Sunday, May 3, 2009

Making me homesick

I had come to terms with our transition to Namibia some time ago. I knew I would miss folks back home when I came, but I was also prepared for more relationships here. Honestly, I've been doing ok, but it sure hit me this morning as I was in church listening to Pastor Pat sing and Tori play piano, and then hearing a message from Pastor Pat that reminded me WAY TOO MUCH of being at The Father's House church in Chantilly, VA.

You see, in case you don't already know, Pastor Pat and Tori (his daughter) are visiting us here in Namibia from our home church. And though they've been with us all week thus far, helping & serving in our children's ministry activities, living out of our house, and going everywhere with us... it didn't really hit me until this morning just how much I miss being with everyone in VA.


From each chord and line in "Still" and "I Bless Your Name", to the power in Pastor Pat's deep, booming voice during his message, I felt myself falling apart and being lifted up at the same time. For just one moment I was there again, in concert with my church family.

Though I'm happy to be here, and though our church family here in Arandis is great in many many ways... I miss all of you at The Father's House. I am truly looking forward to our sabbatical next year, so I can see you and all of our other wonderful family and friends again. It's been too long.

-Steve

7 comments:

Unknown said...

We miss you too!!!! ='( Come back real soon!

Anonymous said...

God bless you and your family. You and your family are doing a wonderful work for the kingdom of God. We love you and your family and we miss you too. May God comfort and strengthen your heart.

Felicia

Delores said...

After looking at all the pictures and information on all that you have been doing since you've been in Namibia, it reminds me how wonderful of an opportunity it is to be able to help the children there. I miss you guys and look forward to seeing you soon! I love you!

Delores

Brianna said...

Hi steve

Brian said...

HI steve

Unknown said...

HEY! Those two comments from "Brianna" and "Brian", that said "Hi Steve", were not me. ADDISSOOOONNN!!!!!!

shale said...

Wow...we miss you, too. Let me know when you're coming back for your sabbatical.