Monday, June 15, 2009

Impressive Confidence in a Small Package

And there I was Saturday, watching helplessly, as my little wiener-dog darted out of the car at Spitzkoppe. His target – 3 full grown donkeys grazing at the side of the road. I tried to sprint and catch up to him, but he out-paced me in his vigorous dash. So, as I saw him pull up close to the donkeys I prepared myself for the worst. Surely my little 5-pound-hound was about to get punted. Those donkeys could have taken a single step and ended this little guy’s life with ease. Clearly they must have only seen his confidence, which is the size of an elephant, because those three donkeys turned away from the pup and ran like they were fleeing from a sure-toothed predator. Still running as fast as my legs could lead me, I watched, as my 1/2 hot-dog, 1/2 lion dog successfully chased 3 donkeys for about 200 meters. Luckily, my daughter Ashlan cut him off at an angle and pulled him back. Otherwise, the little guy would probably still be running.


Now, I wonder… what was he planning on doing with them? Ride them? Eat them?

All in a day’s work for our pup named “Happy”.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hilarious! Goofy dog! Sometimes they have no idea how small they are. Our little pup Princess can be like that too... she attacks moving stuffed animals ten times her size. (Okay, slight exaggeration.) Can't wait to meet Happy in twelve days. =) (Oh, and maybe I'll say hi to his owners while I'm at it.)

Anonymous said...

Happy's sooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!